Sunday, January 11, 2009

cute story about firemen at storytime

One of our storytime moms shared a cute story the other day. We recently had a fire truck come to visit the library for our preschool storytime (ages 3-5). The kids met a nice fireman and I think they got on the truck. I was on the ref desk at the time. Apparently, this family had a small electrical fire in their home since then, and a fire truck had to come. At first, the child was very scared, until his mother reminded him that he had met a fireman at Miss Kathryn's storytime. He calmed down when he remembered. I'm sure this made it easier for mom to deal with the situation. So, once again, the library made a nice difference in people's lives. Yay!

1 comment:

Katie Harrison said...

Not only did the firemen let the children sit in the truck, but there were a few children who didn't want to get out!