Emily Format posted a short video on her blog from a segment on the Today Show last week, in which they discussed online etiquette. The first half of the show dealt mainly with social networking sites, like Facebook and MySpace. The second half was more interesting to me, because they talked with someone who is an "online reputation" consultant. I had no idea there was such a thing.
I searched this on Google, and found that individuals and organizations can hire people to help them with "online identity management," "online reputation management" and "online personal branding." I don't have time to discuss all of that right now, but wanted to share one nugget of wisdom from that Today Show episode (I need to get the woman's name to give her credit).
Their expert said, "It's important to take real world etiquette and apply it to your online activities."
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment